EPZ businesses also benefit from Belize’s access to a number of preferential markets including:
- the US under the Caribbean Basin Initiative,
- Canada under CARIBCAN
- The Caribbean under CARICOM and
- Europe under LOME IV.
- Businesses avoid many regulatory procedures such as:
- Import or export licenses are not required for goods in or out an EPZ,
- Licenses are not required for domestic suppliers selling to EPZZ businesses,
- No price controls apply to items sold by domestic suppliers to EPZ businesses,
- No regulatory restrictions on exports, except for fire-arms, military equipment, illegal drugs.
The Supplies (Control) and the Rent Restriction Acts do not apply to EPZ businesses.
In Addition, EPZ businesses enjoy:
- Negotiable factory space and energy rates,
- On-site customs facilities,
- No costs for work permits,
- Competitive wages,
- Satellite telecommunications and fiber-optic capability
- Ample water supplies,
- Lower energy and telecommunications costs,
- Three phase electricity,
- Linkage by road to Mexico, the US, Canada and Central America,
- Reliable shipping and regularly scheduled frights to North and Central America.